Unbeaten American boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. once again fired off a series of tweets, this time singling out Top Rank chief executive officer Bob Arum, the promoter of his rival, Filipino boxing icon Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao.
In his first tweet, Mayweather (42-0) reiterated that he is "ready to fight Pacquiao 5/5/12."
"Bob Arum know the date can't change, I have my guarantee," he added.
Mayweather's adviser, Leonard Ellerbe, announced last year that the fighter has blocked off May 5 as the date for his ring return. This was in jeopardy for a while as Mayweather was sentenced to 90 days in jail following a domestic violence charge, but his jail time was put off so he can fulfill his fight obligations.
The unbeaten boxer then instructed Arum to "call (Richard) Schaefer and Al (Haymon) and stop lying to the public."
Schaefer is the chief executive officer of Golden Boy Promotions, while Haymon is one of Mayweather's advisers. Golden Boy has promoted all of Mayweather's fights following his May 2007 victory over Oscar de la Hoya.
Mayweather's instructions are seemingly in response to Arum's recent statements, wherein the Top Rank boss said he is "unsure" if Schaefer and Golden Boy will even be involved in the negotiations.
"Unlike Top Rank, that has a contract with Manny, we are involved. I don't know if Schaefer is involved," he said in a recent Boxing Scene interview.
Arum then said that he will only sit down and negotiate with an authorized representative from Team Mayweather, but that everything was ready in the Pacquiao camp.
"We're all set. Pacquiao and Top Rank are all set. I went to the Philippines and made sure of that," he said.