Manny Pacquiao’s teams, confirmed that negotiations have been reopened between the camps of the Pacquiao team and Floyd Mayweather Jr team. Koncz said the discussion is going well and could lead to the much awaited Pacquiao vs Mayweather bout. Mayweather has been inactive since beating Shane Mosley in May last year. Koncz, however, asked boxing fans not to have high hopes, given the Mayweather camp’s tendency to flip-flop. Pacquiao vs Mosley fight is scheduled on May 7 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Both camps already tried twice to have the super fight between Pacquiao and Mayweather. The first round of negotiations bogged down when Mayweather’s camp demanded that Pacquiao undergo blood testing, which the Filipino turned down. During the second round of talks, the Filipino champion agreed to undergo blood testing up to 14 days before the fight. Mayweather’s camp, however, then denied that they were negotiating for the bout. But Koncz said Pacquiao will concentrate first on the task at hand.
The Filipino boxer is due to defend his World Boxing Organization (WBO) welterweight title against Mosley. Pacquiao started his stamina work in General Santos City on Thursday. The Filipino superstar will stay in General Santos City until March 12. He will start his training camp in Baguio City on March 13. He will be joined there by his boxing coach, Freddie Roach. After more than three weeks in Baguio, Pacquiao will fly to Los Angeles on April 9 to continue training in Roach’s Wild Card Gym.